On-Demand Video: Don’t be AmBivalent about the Bivalent Boosters
Don’t be AmBivalent about the Bivalent Boosters: Understanding the Emerging Science Behind the Updated Boosters
Join us for a dynamic free webinar featuring the most current information on the COVID-19 bivalent booster vaccine. Our speaker, Dr. Anuj Mehta, MD, MS, Assistant Professor of Medicine with Denver Health and Hospital Authority will share facts and information on why it’s important to get vaccinated.
This national event is open to all and supports the Biden Administration in urging Americans to get their updated COVID-19 vaccine.
- Describe the dual role of all vaccines
- Explain how the bivalent boosters work and why they are important
- Increase awareness of the “triple-demic” for COVID-19, RSV and influenza
- Learn how vaccination can play a key role in keeping people safe
Event PowerPoint Slides:
On-Demand Video: Respiratory Viruses in 2023 — COVID-19, Flu and Beyond
Ask An Expert with guest speaker Dr. Michelle Barron: Respiratory Viruses in 2023 — COVID-19, Flu and Beyond
This special Ask an Expert features guest speaker Dr. Michelle Barron.
Dr. Barron will discuss respiratory viruses with the following objectives:
- Discuss current epidemiology of respiratory viruses.
- Discuss role of vaccination in prevention of circulating viruses.
- Discuss testing and treatment options for COVID-19 and Flu.
Myths and facts about the COVID-19 bivalent booster
Since the introduction of the COVID-19 vaccines, there has been a significant amount of misinformation coming from social media and other sources. With the lives of long term care staff and residents on the line, it’s important that you have the facts you need to make informed decisions around vaccinations.
This document addresses common myths related to the COVID-19 bivalent booster and is also available in Spanish.
The Facts Behind the Updated COVID-19 Vaccine: Safety and Efficacy
Episode 1: Conversations with the CMS CMO – The Facts Behind the Updated COVID-19 Vaccine: Safety and Efficacy
12 minutes and 32 seconds
The new bivalent COVID-19 vaccine provides even greater protection against severe illness and death than the original primary series. In this episode, hear from Peter Marks, MD, PhD, director of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Biologics and Research about what makes the new bivalent COVID-19 vaccine different. Get answers to common questions about the updated vaccine and facts about the risks and side effects for the nursing home and long-term care population.
Long-term Care Treatment Options for COVID-19
Episode 2: Conversations with the CMS CMO – Long-term Care Treatment Options for COVID-19
14 minutes and 28 seconds
Several treatment options are available for nursing home residents who are diagnosed with COVID-19. In this episode, learn from John Farley, MD, MPH from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Meg Sullivan, MD, MPH from the Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR) about the risks, benefits and common side effects of these treatments.
Programs for COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Vaccination in Nursing Homes
Episode 3: Conversations with the CMS CMO – CDC Programs for COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Vaccination in Nursing Homes
13 minutes and 22 seconds
Infection prevention and the use of vaccines is key to reducing the spread of COVID-19 in nursing homes and long-term care facilities. In this episode, Nimalie Stone, MD, MS and Arjun Srinivasan, MD from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) discuss CDC programs and collaborations that support nursing home efforts to promote infection prevention and vaccination and how health care providers can access the new vaccine for their facilities.
Conversation Tips to Increase COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence
This one-page flyer contains tips on increasing COVID-19 vaccine confidence. If you would like to learn more about promoting vaccine confidence, watch Telligen’s Promoting COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Now with guest speaker, Dr. Leslie Eber.
On-Demand Video: Motivational Interviewing
Coming Soon! Check back soon for two on-demand video modules dedicated to motivational interviewing and the COVID-19 vaccine.
On-Demand Series: Ask an Expert with Telligen's Pharmacist
Watch the previous recordings of Ask an Expert featuring Denton Chancey, PharmD, below:
- January 19, 2023 Ask an Expert: Bivalent vs. Monovalent COVID-19 Vaccine (29 min. 15 sec.)
- November 11, 2022 Ask an Expert: COVID-19 Bivalent Boosters (17 min. 37 sec.)
On-Demand Series: Ask an Expert with Telligen's Emergency Response Expert
Watch previous recordings of Ask an Expert featuring Brian Feist, BSN, RN, below:
- February 2, 2023 Ask an Expert: Emergency Preparedness Planning – Testing and Drilling (27 min. 37 sec.)
- January 26, 2023 Ask an Expert: Emergency Preparedness Planning – Training Plan (29 min. 15 sec.)
- January 12, 2023 Ask an Expert: Emergency Preparedness Planning – Communication Plan (26 min. 12 sec.)
- December 22, 2022 Ask an Expert: Emergency Preparedness Planning – Emergency Plan (28 min. 38 sec.)
- December 8, 2022 Ask an Expert: Emergency Preparedness Planning – Risk Assessment (30 min. 8 sec.)
On-Demand Series: Ask an Expert with Telligen's Infection Preventionist
Watch the previous recordings of Ask an Expert featuring Jaime Zapata, CIC, below:
- December 29, 2022 Ask an Expert: COVID-19 and Sepsis (30 min. 40 sec.)
On-Demand Series: Give Your Nursing Home a Boost
- January 31, 2023 Give Your Nursing Home a Boost: Booster Burnout – Strategies to Reengage Your Team and Reignite Your Flame (27 min. 26 sec.)
- January 24, 2023 Give Your Nursing Home a Boost: Kickstart Your Vaccine Education Program (23 min. 10 sec.)
- January 17, 2023 Give Your Nursing Home a Boost: Make a Strong Vaccine Recommendation (29 min. 24 sec.)
- January 10, 2023 Give Your Nursing Home a Boost: Strategies for Burnout (20 min. 51 sec.)
Frequently Asked Questions: COVID-19 Bivalent Booster
Why Long-Term Care Residents Should Get the COVID-19 Bivalent Booster
It’s important that your COVID-19 vaccinations stay up to date. Vaccine effectiveness wanes over time and new COVID-19 variants continue to emerge. If it’s been a couple months since your last COVID-19 vaccination, it may be time to get a bivalent booster shot. This resource addresses frequently asked questions for long-term care residents and the bivalent booster.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Therapeutics in PALTC Toolkit
AMDA-The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine partnered with the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, the Gerontological Advance Practice Nurses Association, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and the American Academy of Physician Assistants/Associates to create this toolkit for clinicians working in post acute and long-term care settings, treating the most vulnerable of our population.