Join Telligen QI Connect™
Telligen QI Connect™ is a network of partners working on healthcare quality improvement initiatives that are data-driven and locally-tailored to improve healthcare quality and outcomes by implementing and spreading evidence-based and best practices. Partners include nursing homes, clinicians, hospitals, community partners and patients and families who aim to make healthcare safer, more accessible and more cost-effective. Learn more here.
Available to You at No Cost
Attend live virtual and on-demand learning events that feature subject matter experts and provide education, tools and evidence-based models to support your quality improvement strategies.
Receive quality improvement toolkits, change packages, PDSA cycle templates, COVID-19 tools, driver diagrams and more to reduce your burden so you can focus on providing care to your constituents.
Gain access to free one-on-one technical assistance – data analysis, quality improvement coaching, tools and webinars – to increase your capacity for quality improvement and improve processes.
Network of Partners
Collaborate with over 6,000 hospitals, clinicians, nursing homes and community partners from Colorado, Illinois, Iowa and Oklahoma, and learn practices that you can adapt to meet your goals.
About the Telligen QIN-QIO
Telligen has been bringing together healthcare providers and community partners for more than 45 years to provide no-cost healthcare quality improvement expertise to people living and working with Medicare. Serving the states of Colorado, Illinois, Iowa and Oklahoma as a Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), we’re harnessing the collective power of healthcare providers, communities and individuals to help drive improvement and change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I join Telligen QI Connect™?
Thousands of community organizations, nursing homes, clinicians, hospitals, and patients and families have already joined Telligen QI Connect™ and benefit from:
- Training and resources with evidence-based practices to improve outcomes related to opioid misuse; care coordination; chronic disease management; COVID-19 response; immunizations; public health emergency preparedness; health equity; and more
- Access to data and data analyses to guide and implement quality improvement efforts
- Opportunities to learn from and network with high-performing peers and regional experts
Many are facing workforce challenges. Think of Telligen as staff extenders. We have data, training, connections and expertise that may help fill gaps during your workforce shortages. At the same time, we are available for 1:1 technical assistance and coaching, upon request.
Telligen is working to make the healthcare in our four-state region the best in the nation. But we can’t do it alone. We need partners like you to help us improve the health and healthcare for your patients, communities, family, friends and yourself. We are better together! Let us know how we can help. Join Telligen QI Connect™. For more information or to learn more about our no-cost offerings, email us at QIConnect@telligen.com or visit www.telligenqiconnect.com.
How do I join Telligen QI Connect™?
It’s easy! Just fill out this short form, and you will be automatically enrolled in Telligen QI Connect™. You will receive a confirmation email, as well as two separate emails giving you access to the Secure Portal.
Does it cost anything to join Telligen QI Connect™?
No! There is no cost to join Telligen QI Connect™, and all of our offerings (events, resources, technical assistance, etc.) are available at no cost to you.
Am I eligible to join Telligen QI Connect™?
Telligen serves the states of Colorado, Illinois, Iowa and Oklahoma as a Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
We are looking for individuals and organizations in our four-state region to join Telligen QI Connect™, our network of partners working on healthcare quality improvement initiatives that are data-driven and locally-tailored to improve healthcare quality and outcomes by implementing and spreading evidence-based and best practices.
Partners include nursing homes, clinicians, hospitals, community partners and patients and families who aim to make healthcare safer, more accessible and more cost-effective.
What types of technical assistance do you offer if I join Telligen QI Connect™?
With more than 45 years of experience in healthcare quality improvement, Telligen can help you implement evidence-based practices to maximize value-based payments from Medicare and other insurers, translate clinical quality data into actionable information, review electronic medical record (EMR) practices and implement efficiencies, as well as meet other quality improvement goals, such as:
- Reducing opioid-related adverse events and deaths
- Advancing pain management and opioid use best practices
- Improving coordination of care across care settings
- Improving patient safety
- Improving chronic disease management
- Advancing nursing home quality
- Reducing COVID-19 and other infections
As the QIN-QIO, Telligen provides technical assistance and valuable resources that support the development of data-driven, locally-tailored interventions. The Telligen QIN-QIO assists communities by coordinating efforts, recruiting key participants into the work as needed, evaluating progress, synthesizing best practices and creating a sustainable infrastructure so that the progress can continue after project completion.
Technical assistance is the process of providing targeted, one-on-one support to your organization to increase your capacity for quality improvement and to improve processes based on your goals. Examples of Telligen’s technical assistance are below:
- On-site and virtual observational assessments
- Identifying gaps between current processes and best practices
- Pinpointing barriers to improvement
- Integrated team-based care
- Observing and providing feedback on team dynamics
- Addressing communication issues
- Data analysis
- Utilizing data to tell a story
- Improving publicly reported quality measures
- Utilizing the Leadership and Organizing in Action (LOA) framework to mobilize change within individual settings and communities – LOA is an evidence-based framework and set of practices, skills and strategies for multi-stakeholder engagement, mobilization and coalition-building. On-demand trainings allow participants to develop leadership skills, whether they are leading a team, department, community coalition or leading change in any capacity.
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) support
- Supporting data collection and submission
- Implementing monthly reporting plans
- Value-Based Purchasing models/health information technology support
- Identifying quality metrics and providing technical support on process improvements within the practice to maximize scores
- Performing workflow assessments
- Quality improvement (QI) tools, training and support
- Implementing standard work
- Sharing tools such as flow charts, Pareto chart, fishbone diagram, brainstorming, check sheets, affinity diagrams, run charts, and other evidence-based resource guides and toolkits to support Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) programs
- Performing plan-do-study-act (PDSA) rapid-cycle improvement
- Performing a root-cause analysis
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Accessing quality data reports
- Identifying and reporting measures
- Community support
- Assessing community needs
- Facilitating meetings
- Providing data
- Assisting in implementation and intervention measurement
What is the Telligen QI Connect™ Secure Portal?
When you join Telligen QI Connect™, you get access to the Telligen QI Connect™ Secure Portal. The Secure Portal offers exclusive access to events, tools, resources and data reports to support your healthcare quality improvement goals. This online site offers an opportunity to share and learn about innovative practices, all at no cost. For assistance, please contact us at QIConnectPortal@Telligen.com.
Can patients and family caregivers join Telligen QI Connect™?
Telligen is here to support the health and healthcare for your communities, family, friends and yourself, all at no cost! We invite patients and family caregivers to join Telligen QI Connect™, our network of partners working on healthcare quality improvement initiatives that are data-driven and locally-tailored to improve healthcare quality and outcomes by implementing and spreading evidence-based practices.
Here are four reasons why patients and families should consider joining Telligen QI Connect™:
- Your opinion matters. You can influence the direction of activities, services, programs and policies.
- You can make a difference. You’ll be part of a network working to improve the patient experience and quality of care. Create positive change in the lives of individuals and their families.
- You choose your level of involvement based on what fits your schedule. There are many ways to get involved. You can share your healthcare stories, points of view and suggestions for improvement, or you may want to participate on a project or the review of resources and tools.
- You will learn more about healthcare programs in your community and serve as a resource to others. Broaden your network of contacts and build your experience.
Learn more about how patients and families can get involved here.
Telligen is working to make the healthcare in our four-state region the best in the nation. But we can’t do it alone. We need people like you to help us improve the health and healthcare for your family, friends and yourself. Join us through Telligen QI Connect™. For more information or to learn more about our no-cost offerings, email QIConnect@telligen.com or visit www.telligenqiconnect.com.
Who should I contact if I have more questions about joining Telligen QI Connect™?
Nursing Homes can reach a Quality Improvement Facilitator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Community Partners can reach your state’s Community Point of Contact today for support:
- Colorado: Meredith Koob | email@example.com
- Illinois: Lynne Bergero | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iowa: Brian Feist | email@example.com
- Oklahoma: Belinda Rogers | firstname.lastname@example.org
For more general inquiries, please contact QIConnect@telligen.com or 800-383-2856 and you will be connected with someone who can help you.
What is a QIN-QIO?
There is a Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) in every state whose job is to bring Medicare beneficiaries, providers and communities together in data-driven initiatives that increase patient safety, make communities healthier, better coordinate post-hospital care and improve clinical quality. In November 2019, Telligen was selected by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to serve as the QIN-QIO for Colorado, Illinois, Iowa and Oklahoma.
QIN-QIOs work to:
- Make healthcare safer
- Help people manage their health
- Promote health equity and remove barriers to care
- Encourage all healthcare providers to ask and understand what matters most to patients and families
- Improve access to good quality healthcare
- Make healthcare more affordable