270 people die from overdose each day. A large percentage of those deaths are from opioids.
Take the #Pledge270 and commit to taking one or more of the actions below:
- Utilize person-centric language to change the conversation and decrease stigma around opioid use disorder
- Educate friends, family and others on the importance of addressing opioid use disorder as a chronic healthcare condition
- Advocate for availability of medications for opioid use disorder (MOUD) treatment and support services in my community
- Increase awareness about the importance of using Naloxone as a lifesaving medication for an opioid overdose
- Treat those dealing with opioid use disorder with respect, equity, empathy and compassion