Ask an Expert
Join us every Thursday for this live Q&A series
Designed to accommodate your busy schedule, this come-and-go-as-you-need series with Telligen’s Pharmacist and Infection Preventionist is the perfect opportunity for open discussion, including 15 minutes of Q&A. Ask an Expert is ideal for nurses and frontline staff that may be educating others about COVID-19 vaccinations, as well as staff that are not vaccinated or are uncertain about getting vaccinated. Join us every Thursday at 11 a.m. CT.
Below are recordings and supporting materials from previous sessions.
Don’t miss the next Ask an Expert (previously called Ask a Pharmacist). Register here!
Ask a Pharmacist: COVID-19 Breakthrough Infections
13 minutes and 36 seconds
This episode of Ask a Pharmacist with Denton Chancey, PharmD, covers COVID-19 breakthrough infections including:
- A vaccine breakthrough infection happens when a fully vaccinated person gets infected with COVID-19
- People with vaccine breakthrough infections may spread COVID-19 to others
- Disease severity is a continuum – no vaccine is 100% effective at preventing disease
- Fully vaccinated people who develop a breakthrough infection tend to have less severe disease and are much less likely to be hospitalized or die
- Learn more about case and death rates by vaccination status
- Learn more about vaccine efficacy data
Ask a Pharmacist: What’s in the COVID-19 Vaccine?
14 minutes and 16 seconds
This episode of Ask a Pharmacist with Denton Chancey, PharmD, covers what is in the COVID-19 vaccine:
- 30mcg nucleoside-modified messenger RNA (mRNA) encoding viral spike glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2.
- 6mg Sucrose
- Diluent- 1.8mL sterile 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP
Ask a Pharmacist: COVID-19 Vaccine Safety
9 minutes and 38 seconds
This episode of Ask a Pharmacist with Denton Chancey, PharmD, covers COVID-19 vaccine safety including:
- Reports of death following COVID-19 vaccination are rare – the mortality rate is approximately 1 in 45,000
- Other serious adverse events following vaccination that are equally rare
Ask a Pharmacist: Partnering with Pharmacies
30 minutes and 41 seconds
This episode of Ask a Pharmacist with Denton Chancey, PharmD, covers resources for scheduling a vaccine clinic or setting up a vaccination with major retail pharmacies.
Ask a Pharmacist: Pneumococcal Vaccine
22 minutes and 42 seconds
This episode of Ask a Pharmacist with Denton Chancey, PharmD, covers various topics around the pneumococcal vaccine including what it does, who is eligible and more.
Ask an Expert: COVID-19 Waiting Periods
16 minutes and 38 seconds
This episode of Ask an Expert with Denton Chancey, PharmD, covers waiting periods for COVID-19 including CDC recommendations for completing the COVID-19 vaccination series following an infection.
Ask an Expert: Pneumonia Case Scenario
26 minutes and 55 seconds
This episode of Ask an Expert with Jaime Zapata, Certified Infection Preventionist, covers a case study with a patient who has a history of diabetes and begins developing concerning symptoms. Watch as her plan of care is discussed.
Ask an Expert: Urinary Tract Infections
30 minutes and 38 seconds
Ask an Expert: Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection
30 minutes and 15 seconds